In 6 days we load up all our stuff to take to storage unit since we need to move out of the rental. Our CA house has not sold yet. We have many friends and family that have offered their home to us while we wait for our home to sell so we can buy here. Normally speaking I should be stressed about it but God has given me a peace that it is going to be ok. Worrying only sucks the life from me instead of giving me life.
Late last night I feel like my perspective was flipped. It is something I have seen on inspirational cards and posters. So it could be a totally cheesy motivational poster but it is still so true.
COUNT MY BLESSINGS, NOT MY WORRIES
My worry of our home not selling and then not being able to buy here yet is totally a 1st world kind of problem. It is not really a problem. When my perspective is flipped and I concentrate on all I have it makes a big difference.
Just a few of our blessings:
- family and friends to live with- there is not a real threat of living in our van or on the streets
- assets like a house in CA to sell
- 2 cars (when only 8% of the world’s population even owns a single car)
- more clothes than I can keep up with washing
- washer and dryer in my home (I admire mamas who have to do theirs at the laundry mat)
- fridge and pantry full of food
- health insurance to provide medicine and help when needed
- clean water that is not filled with parasites that make people insanely sick (like I experienced in Guatemala(Living Water trip- I hope to post about) because I accidentally brushed my teeth with the water)
- shoes for me and my family (we had taught the women in the Guatemalan village the importance of wearing shoes due to the danger of getting parasites from entering sores on the bottom of their feet)
- a home with actual floors and walls not dirt and corrugated tin
- heat and air conditioning to feel comfortable (As Americans we have the luxury to be comfortable in so many ways, something I take for granted)
- freedom to meet as a church this morning with no fear of imprisonment or death Stories from Voice of the Martyrs
- eyes and ears to experience all the beauty around me
- having my own Bible (it is illegal in many places around the world to own a Bible- check out link above) to read from and get regular encouragement from
With tears for us to mend.
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my Friend.
But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.
At last I snatched them back and cried,
“How could You be so slow”-
“My child,” He said,
“What could I do? You never did let go.”
Love and AMEN. God is always in control 🙂 Right here with you lady!