A Super Thankful Family
This question is something we often ask:
2 Samuel 7:18,”… Who am I, Sovereign Lord, and what is my family, that you have brought me this
far?” David was asking this of God and it is our question too.
I am blown away at what God has given us and done for us. I have felt like Ephesians 3:20, “Now all
glory(definition: high renown or honor won by notable achievements) to God, who is able, through his mighty
power at work within us, to accomplish more than we ask or think(another translation says dream).”
Both verses are like life theme verses for us.
I could not have dreamed of the life I have now. I don’t speak of material things but of things
that money cannot buy like:
- an awesome marriage
- sweet kids
- opportunities to teach and share what I have learned
- opportunities to be apart of people’s spiritual growth
- being welcomed into people’s spiritual journeys
- having a front row seat to God moving mightily in the lives of people at Story Church
- the freedom to meet as a church(many around the world don’t have this, Stories of those being persecuted for their faith)
- facilities to meet as a church
- health and strength
- a sound mind
- lungs to breathe in this cool morning air
- this amazing church planting adventure
- the opportunity to encourage other newer church planters
- the list goes on and on
It is some of those things that make an abundant life not how much money is in our account,
the car we drive, the clothes we wear or the house we live in.
When I do think of the actual physical gifts God has given us like a warm, safe home, 2 cars,
food to feed my kids- I am amazed.
This brings me back to the verse, “what is my family, that you brought me this far?”
It is a great reminder to keep trusting God to provide even though I’m tempted to freak out 🙂
when I am not sure how he will provide. Like trusting our CA house will sell since our
our renters have given us their 30 day notice and we cannot afford to pay 2 mortgages.
An encouraging song for this season, Desert Song