I am starting to treasure the days following Christmas. I love Christmas but I also love the time after Christmas.
We take a couple days off after Christmas and then there is the weekend(with a Sunday off- we cancel church the Sunday after Christmas to give our team and ourselves a break).
So our stay-cation, vacation at home ended up being 5 days off. This is a tradition I want to keep for our yearly rhythm. It is basically an extended Sabbath rest for us.
What I have enjoyed:
- staying in PJs most of the time
- ditching my to do list/planner
- not getting up at 5 am(Monday-Thursday) to exercise- but still exercising with Jeremy just not super early
- staying up late to watch movies with hubby
- playing games with kids(Beat the Parents- new game from Aunt Amy)
- lounging around/snuggling on couch watching movies or reading books
- taking naps(I love this)
- one night- eating at Mellow Mushroom
- looking at Christmas lights at the Tobacco District in Downtown Durham
- sleeping in
- ditching housework
- doing stuff I enjoy like organizing messy areas(I know that is weird but I love it)
- brunch and dinner with extended family on Christmas day
- baking chocolate chip banana bread muffins
- date night at PFChangs(using gift card from sister) where we got to dream about new year by writing goals together