So where do I feel weak?
- I feel weak in being disciplined in rising early
- I feel weak in having self control when it comes to sugar
- I feel weak when it comes to keeping my home in order
- I feel weak in making choices to exercise
- I feel weak keeping up with all my home and church responsibilities
- I feel weak in managing my crazy inbox
- I feel weak keeping up with my to do list
- I feel weak when it comes to details
- I feel weak in planning dinner , geez it comes around every day
- I feel weak in planning in general
These are some of the areas that I feel weak and inadequate in.
“Each time he (Jesus) said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.”- this is what the apostle Paul said in the Bible verse 2 Corinthians 12:9
It is cool how Jesus said “my power works best in weakness.” This verse encouraged me to pray to God when I feel weak/inadequate and to ask Him for his power and grace.
Here are a few things I want to do before tackling something that I feel like I totally suck in:
- Just pause and be still for a moment (Your soul needs a mini retreat/recess) I taught on how to Be still
- Acknowledge that I feel weak in this particular thing. For me it is good just to admit that. It is good for me to own up to my inadequate places so that I can grow in them. Recognizing that I am weak and have limitations helps me to remember I am a normal human. Sometimes the expectations I put on myself are not fair or healthy
- Ask God to give me the strength, grace and power to do this thing. This helps me because alone I feel overwhelmed (What I do when I feel overwhelmed)and inadequate but I need to remember my creator and the power that is available to me.
Life is a process, a journey. Life is imperfect. I am imperfect. Everyone is imperfect. The church is imperfect (A message on how the church is messy and beautiful). I am just trying to learn to live following Jesus who loves me with all my imperfections and weaknesses.