I just listened to a cool podcast on Beyond the To Do List: Habits. It was by the creator of the Lift App. A free app that helps you set and achieve goals. I love the Beyond the To Do List podcast.
They said that 8 is a good number to start at when trying to develop habits into your life. So I listed mine on my app and then after I do it- I check it off(which I love checking things off).
I also set up reminders to help me.
These goals are all things I was already trying to develop into my life so this just helps me do that. And as each one becomes a consistent habit then I will add new ones and delete ones that are automatic. 🙂 Love it.
My current habits I am trying to develop:
- Be Grateful for something or someone (I want to write in my gratitude daily)
- Drink 100oz. water(doctor recommended for kidney stones)
- Floss (I rarely do-terrible, I know)
- Focus T25 (a fun exercise DVD with modified exercises for my knee) or walk 10,000 steps
- Unclutter (goal to spend 20minutes a day- decluttering something, preparing to move)
- Pray (trying to find focused time each morning doing this)
- Set priorities for the day (on a post it- write the 5 things I must get done that day since my to do list is so big- helps me focus on the essentials first)
- SOAP (search blog for more info)- this is journaling on one Bible verse, a verse that jumps out that I hope will change me)
**So I wrote this post a couple months ago. I have not been very disciplined lately. The lack of rhythm and intentionality has been driving me crazy so back to using my Lift app.